Don Julio Tequila
Don Julio Tequila is thought to be one of the worldís finest tequila brands, largely thanks to its crisp taste and also the methods that go into making it. The tequila is traditionally made and every detail in the making process is carefully considered and undertaken, making Don Julio Tequila one of the most well-known tequila brands around.
This special Tequila was first created in Mexico in 1942, and has been made in the same way ever since. Itís named after its founder, Don Julio Gonzalez Estrada, who understood the importance of being able to control every aspect of the tequila-making process, from choosing the finest ingredients to making sure that the ageing barrels are of the highest quality.
What Are The Different Varieties?
Don Julio originally made his tequila to share with friends and family. But, word soon spread of its quality and pretty soon it was the most sought-after tequila in the whole of Mexico, and the rest of the world is quickly catching up.
It is made from blue agave, and there are several varieties in the brand. All of the tequilas are aged slightly differently to create new and unique flavours, with the varieties on offer being as follows:
Select Your Tipple
- Don Julio Blanco, a clear tequila thatís bottled immediately after distillation, making it perfect for cocktails as well as being enjoyed over ice.
- Don Julio Reposado is a tequila thatís aged for 8 months in American white oak barrels.
- Don Julio Anejo, a type of tequila thatís been slowly matured for 18 months, giving it a light amber colour and full-bodied flavour.
- Don Julio 1942 is a limited edition tequila thatís carefully aged for at least 2 ½ years, giving it its stunning golden colour and unique flavour. Itís best enjoyed neat to really appreciate its taste.
- Don Julio Real is the tequila brand that has the most care taken over it, with each batch being aged for three to five years. Itís made from only the finest agave and should be enjoyed neat.
Don Julio is well worth having in your drinks cabinet, either to be enjoyed on its own, over ice or with cocktails. Make sure to reserve the finest varieties for drinking neat to really appreciate the flavours, and always remember to have speciality tequila glasses to give the best effect.
So, Don Julio Tequila is a great example of a tequila that should definitely be in anyoneís drinks cabinet and is well worth considering, either for your own use or to make a great impression at parties.